Theme Group Projects 201429/03/2014
SANORD is a deliberately low-budget organisation, designed to make the best use of synergies with activities at all member institutions. Through the theme group support SANORD has thus granted R700 000 to member activities (in 2008 and 2009 combined).
- SANORD received 22 applications
- Ten research groups were recommended for financial support
- The Board decided to support fund four of the projects, based on the availability of funding
- SANORD obtained Swedish Government funding for four additional projects involving Swedish partners
- Four projects are funded through SANORD own funds
- Four projects are funded through support from the Swedish Government in response to a Joint SANORD-Uppsala University Application 2009
- SANORD provided small support grants (of R50 000) to some of the groups, and to others interested in developing links within SANORD
- This support was based on (and limited by the size of) a surplus generated at the 2007 Conference
- SANORD funded six projects in 2008
SWEDISH RESEARCH GRANTS
The Swedish Research Links Programme offers international collaborative research grants, aiming to foster research ties between researchers in Sweden and selected countries. The long-term aim of the programme is to contribute to mutual scientific and socio-economic development of the countries involved through funding for support to collaborative research projects of high scientific quality and mutual relevance. The programme is open to researchers in basic and applied research within all academic disciplines. The Swedish Research Links Programme is funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and administered by the Swedish Research Council.