Please note that the Call for Paper Abstracts, Workshops or Panels & Special Interest Groups has now closed.
Registration Deadlines: Early-Bird Registration closes on 30 September 2017.
Late-Bird Registration closes on 15 November 2017.
10th SANORD Annual International Conference
28 November – 01 December 2017
At Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, hosted by
National University of Science and Technology (NUST), Zimbabwe
“The Role of Universities in Research & Technology Transfer to Improve Livelihoods in Southern Africa”
Conference Sub Themes:
1. Challenges faced by universities in attracting international funding for research.
2. Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) in transforming university research outputs.
3. Role of researchers in the Southern African Diaspora in fostering multinational collaborative research.
4. Challenges to SADC and Nordic countries in the commercialization of research outputs.
5. The role of research in improving livelihoods
6. New epistemologies and new forms of knowledge within the North-South dialogue
7. Adding value to North South collaborations
8. Studies of science, technology, and society in postcolonial contexts
9. Understanding health and well-being: Contributions from the social sciences and medical humanities
10. Climate change- challenges and opportunities for Southern Africa.